We are members of parish community

       For us, nowadays the  dwellers of Przewóz it is hard to imagine these areas about thousand years ago. Impassable, natural wilderness, every even small river which created swamps and overfloods and here and there like islands, settlement of pagan tribes which are defined  by chronicler Thietmar as Żara people. They were living invariable from ages until history claimed for them. In far Gniezno, the clan of Piast started to build his own country and expand its territory, which in the flicker of the eye took over territory of Żara tribe. The Piast’s political geniusity prompted them that in their country there was the lack of something which would united their country. In this way on these areas entered the Christian faith.  Before 1280, when prince Przemysław founded church known nowadays, existed another? Certainly yes, it was certainly a small temple, which frameworks are  still waiting for archaeologist shovel.
       The church in Przewóz in present shape is all effect of work generations , which created Church. It was built with by using field stones and bricks cemented with the calcareous master alloy. Threenave mass closed pentagonal presbytery with massive tower on quadrangle plan standing in the north site of the church. The church was built in the gothic style, however materials which were used in building deprive church slenderness and lightness. On the contrary, his shape is dumpy and massive. Inside the church is situated spacious sacristy covered by ogival vault. Entrance to the church is situated in the western wall through church porch which is open ogival entry, partly covered by gallery premises where are settled church organ. The instrument is small but has beautiful tones. Church has one more porch situated near the tower. Pretty big size of the church emphasize urban character of Przewóz, his economic and political value. What is more from XVth century had been existing self-contained Przewóz duchy, which ruler was Jan II Żagański. During the thirty years of war in 1631 the church was burned and had stayed in ruin for forty eight years. It was not only fire, which destroyed the temple. Familiar disasters happened earlier and later in 1597, 1612 and 1719. To present day on inside walls of tower we can see firemarks and soot. Time goes by, the decorations and fitting has been changing. The main altar, the pulpit and the font are the works of the baroque. Stained-glass in presbytery come from early XXth century. Remaining windows come from early XXIst century.
       The  church in Przewóz  witnessed  many dramatic events. It  saw an army passage during thirty years of war and Napoleonic wars, however this what happened during the World War II hadn’t precedent. All former parishioners had disappeared being displaced according to winners decision. Displaced from east, Polish people had taken their place. Lost in the new reality found mainstay in this old walls. They fixed war destructions and their spiritual guides became next parish-priests, priest from Assembly of Saint Vincent a’Paulo: A.Zonn, L. Senska, F. Surówka, K. Porossa, S. Basiuk, W. Niezabitowski, M. Kot ,who had completed the renovation of the temple, and now his brother Jerzy Kot.
       Immaculate Conception of Saint Mary’s Church in Przewóz  pulsate with live, in its walls are soaking preys of next generations of Jesus Christ believers and His Mother. All time sound: ,,The glory of God on heights, and peace for people of good will on the ground”